Frequently Asked Question
Chromebook doesn't hold a charge
Last Updated 9 months ago
- Make sure the charger is plugged into the outlet all the way.
- Make sure charger cable is plugged into the brick/adapter all the way.
- Make sure the charger is plugged into the charging port on the Chromebook all the way.
- Charge Chromebook for a while
- While charging, check the charge percentage on the bottom right task bar on the Chromebook screen. The Chromebook should show a percentage when higher than 5% charge. It should also give an estimated time of completion for a full charge.
- Note: If the charge percentage and the charge ETC do not show up after charging for a while, the battery may be bad.
- When the battery is fully charged, unplug the charger while the Chromebook is open and turned on. If the Chromebook shuts off immediately, it is probably a bad battery.
- If the Chromebook does not shut off immediately, check the battery percentage again. This time, the Chromebook should give an estimated battery life. If the battery life is greater than 2-3 hours, then the battery should be fine.
- For further testing, leave the Chromebook on and time how long it lasts before running out of battery.