Frequently Asked Question
Follow the instructions below based on the device you are using. Check out links when available, to see the most up to date instructions.
Always update your device. Your browser must meet i-Ready system requirements (e.g. browser and OS version)
Via Web browser (e.g. Chromebook, Windows):
- Navigate to baker5j.org/clever/
- Choose 'Log in with Google'.
- Enter your Baker SD Google email address and password.
- Select the i-Ready App.
Via the Clever App on iOS devices:
Students logging in with Badges
- The first step is for students to click on the Clever app to open it.
- The first screen students will see is the Clever badge camera.
- In the top right corner, students have the ability to toggle between the front-facing and back facing camera.
- Once the badge camera appears, students will need to hold their badge up to the camera on the mobile device.
- If the student is using a valid badge, they will see a green checkmark with sparkles signifying a successful login!
*If the student sees a red X, they may need to reach out to their teacher or a district admin for assistance.
- The Clever app will then open in the Safari browser (or Chrome browser) where students can access all of their learning applications, including i-Ready.
Logging in with credentials
- When opening the Clever app, users will see the Badge Camera.
- They will select the 'Log in with username/password' option at the bottom of the screen which will open a new Clever tab in a Safari/Chrome browser.
- The user will locate their school from the Clever login page.
- They will then be led to their district's login page where they can select the appropriate login method (e.g. Log in with Google) and enter their credentials. For more information on this, please visit:
- For Families: How do I help my student log into Clever?
- For Teachers: How do I log into the Clever Portal?
Please note: The Clever app will remember the user's district after their first login on the device, so this user will not need to go through the process of selecting their school again if the Safari browser and/or Clever app were never fully closed, and device history has not been deleted.
(As of 09/10/2021)